Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Currently playing: Non-RPG Edition

Final Fantasy X-2 left me kind of burned out on RPGs due to its slow pacing, so I decided to play some other type of games.

One of the lucky chosen was Parodius Portable Collection on the PSP. First things first, if you don't know or haven't heard anything about Parodius, stop reading this and go play it. Any of them. If you have a PSP you can get Parodius Portable Collection which includes 5 games of the series.
So, what is Parodius? Is easier to show rather to explain:



Yup, it's a shoot'em up game. And a very weird one at that. Regardless, every time I play these games I completely crack up at the madness they could fit in one screen. Ballerina panda? Dancing penguins? Giant space moai statues? Pirate cats? You name it.
The series is compromised of 6 games, 5 of them conveniently put together on the PSP collection: Parodius, Parodius da!, Gokujyou Parodius, Jikkiou Oshaberi Parodius Forever With Me and Sexy Parodius.
Even if you suck at shoot'em ups or don't care about the genre, I recommend you try it/them even if only to see how nonsensical these games are.






Another one I've been playing is NiGHTS Into Dreams, recently bought from the PSN. NiGHTS is a cult classic from the Saturn era and, to this day, still retains both its quality and its magic. It's a game that everyone should play. Bright, colorful world, arcade-like gameplay, excellent music and atmosphere... Everything about the game just oozes inspiration and magnificence.





Well then, don't mind me, I'll be over there playing these games for now and resume my RPG games tomorrow! Like a wise man once said: "Don't leave for today what you can do tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment