Saturday, August 22, 2015

Currently playing: One month interruption Edition


Whew, so after one month I finally have some time to write new stuff! I was away on a trip to Greece and also stayed a day in Italy and it was hard to find videogame stores in both countries! I did, however, ended up buying one game: Akiba's Trip. I played the first on the PSP and the game was pretty fun so the sequel can only be better, right? At least I hope so. I got the PS3 version even though I would prefer the Vita version but, guess what, I didn't find any Vita section in either country. Buying online is becoming the only way of getting games for this unlucky "legacy" handheld.

Regarding all the other games I've been playing:

[PS3] Final Fantasy X-2: Still haven't dropped this one. Currently grinding away for EXP and AP while tackling the 100 floor post-game dungeon. The layout for each floor is randomly selected from a grand total of 5, 6 or 7 depending on which floor you're on and you get to fight a boss every 20 floors. Needless to say, the floors are an absolute bore. But the boss battles are pretty hard and they are reason enough to make me soldier on. When, or rather, if I finish this dungeon I'll call it quits and shelve the game for good.


[PC] Touhou-A-Live: Finished the "Wild!" chapter and the first final chapter. Loving this game. Too bad it's on the PC because I loathe playing videogames on it, otherwise I would have finished it a long time ago! Also, the game doesn't even detect gamepads! Oh, well...


[DS] Metal Max 3: 35 hours in, I'm pretty much going around clearing sidequests and hunting down the "Wanted" monsters for some extra cash. Damn, money in this game disappears quickly. Also, I kept the Mechanic in my party and good thing I did: I forgot how the Mech is a must-have around the near end-game parts. Repairing tanks on the go is a life and time saver.


[PSP] Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle: Had this game on my waiting list for years. I've picked it up and dropped it more times than any other game on the PSP. Finally, though, I managed to finish it. The game's story and characters are charming, interesting and good. It's been a while since I've played a game where I enjoyed the story so much. The gameplay, however... I'll avoid spoiling details though and leave them for a future article.


[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV: I already finished it months ago but I picked it up again because I've missed it. Fans of the SMT games shunned the game because of the story and some questionable choices regarding the game mechanics, but I found it just as enjoyable as Nocturne or Strange Journey. Either way, I'm grinding away some levels and trying to fuse some decent demons so I can beat the Fiends and then maybe start a new game+ aiming for a Neutral ending.


[3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: Also picked up this one again to grind some more levels and scrolls. After clocking around 100 hours in it, I couldn't possibly say this a bad game, right? Addicting, fun and, for the veteran Final Fantasy fans, a nostalgia trip. Anyone who loves rhythm games or Final Fantasy must play this game. Even RPG gamers that have never touched a rhythm should give it a try, since it's filled with RPG elements. By the way, the online for this one is still kicking even after almost an year!

And that's it for now! I'll probably publish an article about Phantom Brave sometime after this (busy) weekend. Until then, feel free to leave a comment!

6 comments:

  1. No Vita section at all in Greece and Italy? How, that's bad. Good thing internet is there to help us procure these much-coveted Vita games! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only stayed in Milan and the GameStop I found there only had 2 used Vita games (Toukiden and Ninja Gaiden) but no Vita section per se. I asked the cashier about the Vita section and he said there were no Vita section in any GameStop in Italy.
      In Athens, I did found a couple of Vita games stashed away in a corner in a game shop. That's something, I guess?
      Bless the internet and Amazon, yes! Too bad the Euro is really weak now, having a terrible conversion of nearly 1,4€ to 1£.

      Delete
    2. Tell me about it! I nearly stopped shopping on Amazon.co.uk because of that. It's so much more rewarding to shop on North-American websites and take advantage of the weaker dollar!

      Delete
    3. Unfortunately my country's customs and delivering services are really tight (and dumb) with American imported goods.
      For instance, I bought The Witch and The Hundred Knight in April and still haven't got it. First they ask for the receipt, then the game disappeared, then the game showed up one month later and said they were going to send right away. And they did. To the American address! C'mon. Then I had to contact the seller and they said they would send again upon receiving it. They were totally cool and acessible about the all situation tought. They didn't even charged me for the second time!
      At least they don't seem to mind the Japanese imports.

      Delete
    4. Wow, what a mess! I totally sympathize with you. As a fellow collector, I know first-hand how tedious importing games and systems can be at times!

      Delete
    5. Tell me about it! I just wish I'd lived in a more "central" european country. But I guess everything has its ups and downs, right? Oh, and I've never imported a system before because of that. Otherwise I would have to pay 25% tax, if customs noticed the price of the item!
      Good thing regionthree helped in voiding the need for a japanese or american 3DS!

      Delete